Install and Configure AppPresser Core Plugin
AppPresser Core Video Demo
*Please note the following changes in reference to the video below:
- "Load AppPresser for mobile browsers" is no longer available.
- "Use different theme for app" is now named "App-only theme"
In this tutorial, we will walk you through how to install and configure the AppPresser Core plugin.
- Install and activate the AppPresser plugin from the wordpress.org repo or search for "AppPresser" from your WordPress Plugin install screen.
- A new "AppPresser" menu item should appear in your WordPress Admin menu towards the bottom. Click on it to visit either the "AppPresser Settings" page or the "Help/Support" page.
Once you are on the "AppPresser Settings" page, you'll be presented with six settings. It is here that you will configure how the AppPresser Core plugin behaves. Below we'll discuss the settings in greater detail.
- Load AppPresser for Admins Only?
- Use this setting if you want to be in testing mode where only site administrators can see the changes going on. Regular users will not be able to see the changes and instead will see your regular site.
- App-only theme
- Use this setting to select which theme to use when you have the "Load AppPresser for Admins Only" checkbox checked.
- Use a unique homepage for your app? Enter the page ID or slug here.
- This setting allows you to specify a page ID or page slug to treat as your AppPresser homepage. You can get the slug underneath the page title editor, in the url that shows below the field. You can get the page ID out of the browser url when editing the page.
- Example: '?post=2&action=edit'. The page ID would be the 2.
- Main App Menu
- This dropdown will be used to select which menu to use with the main AppPresser menu. It'll list all of the available menus that you have set up under Appearance > Menus.
- Secondary App Menu
- This dropdown will be used to select which menu to use with the secondary AppPresser menu. It'll list all of the available menus that you have set up under Appearance > Menus.
Once you have set all of the options you want, click the "Save Settings" button at the bottom to save.